Requirements for CHMN586-001 Specialized Approaches: Church Plant Coaching November 9 - 12, 2012
1. Register and pay tuition for the course at the Seminary during Fall Session, or if not a registered student in a program, complete a “Permission to Take Class Form”.
2. Class schedule:
Friday, November 9, 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Saturday, November 10, 7:00-9:30 p.m. Coaching Lab
Sunday, November 11, 9:00 a.m.-5:30 p.m.
Monday, November 12, 9:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Coaching Lab Class time: 15 hours. Lab time: 6 hours.
3. Read the following book (available at the NADEI Book Store):
Creswell Creswell, Jane. Christ-Centered Coaching. St. Louis, MO: Chalice Press, 2006. (147 pp).
Submit a four-page reading report that includes three components. The first section (50%) should evaluate the contents of the book. The second section (30%) should be a personal reaction to the contents of the book. The last section (20%) should include the take-home value of the contents: what the reader will apply from the book to his or her ministry field. Reference the various points with page numbers in parenthesis at the end of sentences or paragraphs. The report should be double-spaced, in 11- or 12-point font. Due date: The beginning of the first day of class, November 9, 2012.
Time allotted for reading and report: 16 hours.
4. Coaching lab reflection paper.
Submit a four page journal reflecting your experience being coached, coaching and observing. Time allotted for journaling: 8 hours.
For 2 credits:
5. Read the following book (available at the NADEI Book Store):
Ogne, Steve and Roehl, Tim. TransforMissional Coaching. Nashville, TN: B&H Publishing, 2008. (272 pages).
Answer the “Personal Application” questions at the end of each chapter in 2-3 sentences. Type each question on the page and then your response. Approximately one page per chapter (10-12 pages total). Due date: November 29, 2012 by 5:00pm to Candy Clark, S313.
6. If you would like to become a certified NADEI church planting coach, you will need to complete two certification field requirements. The fee for the certification if you have taken the class for seminary credit will be $49.00 paid to NADEI.